The biggest crowd for years gathered to honour North Walsham’s war dead at the town’s hospital, which is a memorial to them.
More than 30 people attended a short service beside the memorial outside the hospital entrance. The stonework was rescued from the original 1924 hospital when it was demolished to make way for the current one.
It commemorates the 99 townsfolk and 80 from outlying villages in whose memory the hospital was built following a public appeal just after the First World War.
Priest-in-charge, and local Royal British Legion chaplain, the Rev David Warner led the service, where wreaths were laid by Hospital Friends chairman Keith Jarvis and Legion branch secretary Sheila Mitchell. Bugler Neil Lawrence played the last post and Bill McIver was Standard Bearer.
Others attending the service at the War Memorial Hospital included Legion and Friends members, hospital staff and three patients Gina Brennan from Taverham, Anne Marples from Sprowston and Brenda Mallett from Aylmerton.